Friday, January 21, 2011

Marketing Blog

I have 221 hits on my page, well at least some people are coming across my blog.  The question is, how do I advertise my blog to readers?  First of all my readers will be students in my classes.  Parents, community members, and educators would be my secondary readers, and third; the rest of the world that may be interested.

On the class syllabus I intend to include the address to my blog for students to have access to.  As I have mentioned before, the purpose of this blog is to provide additional material, help forum, discussions, announcements, and assignments.  Students can visit the blog and find what they need.  A letter to parents will be sent home informing them about the classroom blog and are encouraged to visit to stay involved and have an idea on what goes on in the classroom. 

On some district websites I have noticed that teacher’s blogs are included.  This is something I would be interested in as it creates another advertising source.

From some research I have done on how to advertise blogs, it is suggested that you join bloggers forum, visit other blogs, use your blog site link in your e-mail signature, use Facebook or submit blog site link to search engines such as Yahoo or Google.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is a great idea to have your blog address on your syllabus! I also think it's a good idea to include your blog address in the signature of your school e-mail. I am a little sketchy about promoting my blog because you can never know who will visit your page! But I think you have all the right ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I would use a blog for in education. Teachers really have success when doing this for their classes.

    ReplyDelete