Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blogs en la clase de español

How will I use blogs in the classroom? 

First of all, assignments and announcements will be posted for students and parents to view.  Students, parents, and educators are encouraged to join our classroom discussion. 

Misunderstand something in class?  Questions?  No hay problema. Students will be able to leave a comment and as the teacher I will reply back.  Classmates can also help out by clarifying something not understood. 

In la clase de español, students learn how to communicate, but at the same time learn about Spanish speaking countries; history, culture, dialects, traditions, art and so much more.  I plan on using this blog to post short video clips that introduce students to Spanish speaking countries.  Students will be exposed to the language, culture, and history of various Spanish speaking countries.

5 comments:

  1. As your blog will be closely linked to Espanol, one idea might be to include a link to a web translator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your idea! Rather then assessment, you use it for communication! That is awesome :) I think students will appreciate it and take advantage of it because a lot of times they don't like to approach the teacher in school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is still a work in progress. As for blog posts, the majority of the text is in English, most common words will be in Spanish for everyone to understand. The videos are supplementary material, more appropriate for students in Spanish 4. I am thinking of including some information presented in the videos clips. Web translators do not always work effectively, and I don’t see myself using them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great to put up the videos in Spanish. Those who can begin to understand them will feel a sense of accomplishment and those who are just starting out see what they have to look forward to learning. I think I only got about four words from it, plus the name of the country, lol. I need to start brushing up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sus ideas son maravillosas. Estoy listo para aprender y para ensenar a otros que tienen interés.
    I am already motivated to learn more Spanish from this website.

    ReplyDelete