Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Final Reflection

Before taking CSE 694, I was thinking of having a classroom blog so when I heard that this class was offered I signed up for it right away to learn more about blogging and to see what I was thinking about getting in to.  I realized that setting up a blog was the easiest thing to do, and managing the blog the hardest.  

A classroom blog is still something that I would like to offer my students.  I envision a blog site in which I post announcements, assignments, a help forum, a discussion forum, and a site where I posted additional material that students may find interesting or adds to material covered in class.  The videos that I have posted on Spanish speaking countries is something I would like to continue to do to expose students to culture, traditions, history, art, music, language, geography, and the many wonders a particular country has to offer.  I’m also thinking of including a Spanish Word of the Day to expand students’ vocabulary. 

I have learned that blogs have so many benefits and in the field of education blogs can be effective as it creates communities of learning, creates interaction, collaboration, and improves communication. 

As I have mentioned before my vision is to create a bilingual blog, where we can express our voices [nuestras voces], share our knowledge, create awareness, and increase communication across borders.   

¡So Let’s Talk Español!

No comments:

Post a Comment